.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Sunday, May 01, 2005

How it all started…

Greetings, dear friends and others,
Welcome to Timely Manor. This being my first entry, I would like to share with you, my readers (whoever you may be) the origins of my inspiration for "Timely Manor." It all started with "327 Market," the blog of my dear friend, Miss Camille.

On March 24th, after I had referrred a mutual friend to her blog, Camille posted this entry :
(For the original posting go to: http://327market.blogspot.com/2005_03_01_327market_archive.html )

I am always excited when I find out that new, cool people are reading my blog. Like a party, there can never be too many people. So welcome! And thanks, Contessa for making it all happen.
Posted by: Camille / 10:39 AM

--------------------------

My pleasure, as always, my dear Marquesa. Networking, networking, networking... It's what I do... It's what I love.
At this rate, eventually, every person I know will know every single other person I know. And then... We will take over the world! WHA-HA-HA...
(That was my attempt at an evil laugh, in case you couldn't tell. ;] )
Contessa | 03.24.05 - 4:02 pm |

--------------------------

The Contessa needs to start a salon where all the interesting people she knows can get together and have a little conversazione.

That is my deep thought.
Posted by: Camille / 1:58 PM

--------------------------

The Contessa LOVES this idea! However, unfortunate as it is, the Contessa lacks the actual room, or salon, in which to hold these fabulous gatherings. Perhaps a "virtual salon" is the best solution at this time... No one would have to travel... People could drop in at literally any hour of the day or night...
Hmmm... Food for thought.

salon:
A periodic gathering of people of social or intellectual distinction.

A large room, such as a drawing room, used for receiving and entertaining guests.

Elegant sitting room where guests are received.
Contessa | 03.25.05 - 5:17 pm |

--------------------------

And so, the seed for "Timely Manor" was planted.

3 Comments:

At 5/01/2005 9:21 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

and we say lovely things to the little seed, and seduce its green leaves to come out and make love to the sun and sing it sweet songs and water it and fertilize it with the effluvia of happy cows and it will know that it is loved and it will grow stong and bear ripe fruit which we will pick and eat and the juices will flow down our chins and we will know what joy is

 
At 5/01/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Beautifully put, my dear! Thank you.

 
At 5/02/2005 9:27 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Yes, so much for remaining anonymous... ;]

Welcome to Timely Manor!

I'm envious that you're going to the acoustic Springsteen concert. I'm not a big Springsteen fan, but I'm sure that show's going to be a real treat. Enjoy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home