.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My boys

I was just thinking how ironic it is that, at the end of the day, rather than going home to my nice quiet apartment to relax, I go to the home of my dear friends, the Ns, where there are three little boys, all under the age of five. And there's no where I'd rather be than in the midst of that chaos. As a matter of fact, today, when I've been tired and irritable all day (my poor boss!), I keep checking the clock, knowing that when my work day is over, I get to go hang out with "my boys" (and their wonderful parents, of course). I know that I would feel differently about these darling children if they were my responsibility 24/7 (not that I would love them any less, of course, but that I would have quite different ideas about where to go to relax and how I might prefer to spend my "free" time), but they're not, so I shall continue to enjoy them in the way that only a non-parent can. :-)

2 Comments:

At 2/15/2008 6:57 PM, Blogger Katie Hund said...

i know the feeling. those boys bring more joy to my life than most other things.
except when C hates us.

 
At 2/18/2008 5:14 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Sooo true! ;-]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home