.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Readers' Choice

I've had a few ideas floating around in my head for the past few days (weeks), of topics I might want to address here at Timely Manor. Being somewhat indecisive (and, perhaps a bit lazy) about the whole matter, I thought I'd let you, my readers, have a say in what I post next.

Here are the candidates:

A) I love technology...
B) Emotionally constipated
C) My most intimate relationship
D) ? (Suggest a topic and we'll see if I have anything interesting to write about it.)

6 Comments:

At 5/04/2005 9:05 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

OK, I deleted the duplicate comment that posted.

Now, to the topics at hand...

#2 is much easier to answer than #1... Bono! The answer came to me immediately. Then I hesitated for just a moment, wondering if I should give that a bit more thought, and as I did, his voice came streaming from my laptop, singing "...ain't love the sweetest thing..." and I took it as a sign. Bono. Definitely Bono.

As for the tattoo, that's a much more difficult decision. Reminds me of a conversation I had at friend's baby shower a number of years ago...

Looking around at all of the pierced, tattooed guests, my friend, R* says, "If I'd known, I'd've gotten a tattoo for the occasion."
I reply, "I never could get a tattoo... Too much of a commitment." At which point my friends all laughed, being well-aware of my then-infamous commitment-phobia.

 
At 5/04/2005 9:06 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

How 'bout you?...

 
At 5/04/2005 11:26 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

B) emotionally constipated. Sounds delightfully morbid, in a been-spending-too-much-time-at-the-rest-home-sort-of-way. What does it mean? What will you be discussing? The Bowels of your Sensibilities? The Appendix of Grief? The Myconium Plaque of your Former Loves? The Rectum of Sadness? The Valves of Joy?

 
At 5/05/2005 11:33 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Clever as always, my dear Marquesa.
Stay tuned and you shall see...

 
At 5/11/2005 11:58 AM, Blogger Rob Namba said...

yes, i want to know what emotional constipation is and wonder if i suffer from it. please elaborate.

 
At 5/11/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Hmmm, I actually journaled about that last night. (Emotional constipation, that is.) I'll have to edit it a teensy bit before posting it here, but I'll try to get to that this week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home