.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Dead Dads Club

Because I have been missing my dad so very much lately, because it was one year ago today that I learned that Debbie's dad had died, because this morning I read Dani's blog post about missing her deceased father... For all of these reasons and more, I share with you the Dead Dads Club quote from Grey's Anatomy.

CRISTINA: "There's a club. The Dead Dads Club. And you can't be in it until you're in it. You can try to understand, you can sympathize. But until you feel that loss... My dad died when I was nine. George, I'm really sorry you had to join the club."
GEORGE: "I... I don't know how to exist in a world where my dad doesn't."
CRISTINA: "Yeah, that never really changes."


Yeah, we're coming up on the 16th anniversary of my father's death and I still think about him all the time. He was my father. That doesn't just go away. I think this feeling of loss will be with me until I die.

2 Comments:

At 2/13/2008 11:15 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

i remember this, but i saw it before dad died and thought "hm, I guess I don;t understand"

Well now I do, i wish i didnt

thanks for sharing though

 
At 2/14/2008 10:03 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

I wish you didn't, I wish I didn't, I wish my friend Debbie didn't either.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home