.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Quote of the day

"I've always preferred the works of God
to the works of man because they're given,
freely, to anyone who can appreciate them..."

- from "All Passion Spent" by Vita Sackville-West

2 Comments:

At 7/03/2008 11:43 PM, Blogger Colleen Franklin said...

I'm such a fan of Vita Sackville-West. From whence comes that quote? I love her primarily for her garden at Sissinghurst Castle, although I knew that she wrote as well.......you never cease to surprise & delight me, Contessa, dahling!

 
At 7/04/2008 12:39 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Yes, she's fabulous, isn't she?!... I've only just discovered her recently. The quote is from "All Passion Spent." I found the BBC miniseries on Netflix, whence I also found the BBC miniseries, "Portrait of a Marriage," based on a book written by Vita's son. (I recommend both.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home