.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

TeaBox Wisdom "Everyday Treasures"

Diamonds and fancy cars don't make a life we remember. It's the quiet picnics in the orchard, the sudden yellow of a dandelion bursting through a crack in the sidewalk, and warm sand between your toes at the beach. It's a small child grabbing your hand, the ecstasy of puppy tails welcoming you home. These are our everyday treasures, what we take with us as we drift into slumber and what welcomes us back to each new day.

-Naomi Hoshino Horii

"Lifted," without permission, from a Celestial Seasonings Vanilla Apple White Tea box.


Yesterday evening, when R got home, he asked me, "Did anything give you joy today?" and I looked at his youngest son, Little E, and I said, "Yes," pointing to E, "he gives me joy every day."

E and his brothers are my everyday treasures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home