.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Question of the day

(Contributed by Dan)

If you had to elect one rock star (either dead or alive) to serve one term as president of the united states, who would it be?

(For my answer, read the comments on the previous post.)

When I posed this question to J, his immediate answer (with no knowledge of mine) was, "Not Bono." I found this mildly amusing since he seems to enjoy being contrary where I'm concerned, and here he'd managed to do that without even trying. When I asked him who he _would_ choose, he said, "Springsteen." (And, yes, he is going to the show tonight. Maybe he and Dan will end up sitting next to each other
at the concert and it will be the beginning of a beautiful friendship... Yeah, that'd be cool.)

OK, who would you choose?

6 Comments:

At 5/06/2005 10:21 AM, Blogger Carmen said...

not long-haired J!

 
At 5/06/2005 12:01 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

But of course... Who, besides LHJ derives such pleasure from being contrary?

 
At 5/06/2005 2:59 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

OK, I'd vote for Dave Matheson, formerly of Moxy Fruvous.
1) He's bald
2) He plays the banjo AND the accordion (2 under-appreciated and sexy instruments)
3) he writes emo pseudo-ironic ballads about dysfunctional relationships (is that good or bad? I don't know)
4) he's Canadian (where have our american presidents gotten us, anyways?)
5) Did I mention he's bald? I think that counts for 2.

 
At 5/09/2005 10:55 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

OK Camille, I can see why you might want to date this guy, but why would you elect him President?...

 
At 5/10/2005 11:25 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

What!? We have to have reasons? What is this? the inquisition? Pshhh, you didn't say we had to have a political reason. In fact, I think politics just clouds the issues. For example, how can you have a real discussion about anything when people start throwing meaningless terms around like "liberal" and "conservative" and "imperialism?" That is why I think someone who is apolitical and canadian would be a great candidate. A man who Emotes-- he's in touch with his feelings. Instead of dropping bombs, he'd write a ballad and charm the angry beasts with it. And he has a great sense of humour. Someone who has a keen wit must be a keen observer. That person also must be able to connect different things-- that is genius! What else is wit and humour besides intellect-in-action? he's a performer, that means he can think on his feet. Who would want a president that had to have everything scripted?

I know I wouldn't and that I why I nominate Dave Matheson for President of the United States.

 
At 5/11/2005 11:01 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

You're right, Camille, I didn't say you had to explain the reasons for your choice, and you did a marvelous job despite your objections. Heck, I'd vote for him. ; ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home