.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Thursday, February 14, 2008

The Flip Side of Love

Today, as lovers are exchanging cards, gifts, flowers, candies and kisses, I offer... the flip side of Love...

Come in, I’ve been expecting you
There’s a knock on the door
And Love walks through
And lights the fire
Smiles the smile
As though Love were going to stay awhile
And the fire breathes and weaves its spell
But then, Love runs out of lies to tell
For Love is restless
Love’s a flirt
Love has places to go
And people to hurt
So here’s the shovel to smother the flame
Tomorrow you’ll barely remember my name
And I’ll try to forget you, my dearest one
As a prisoner tries to forget the sun
For life holds no purpose
Love holds no charms
Since I beheld you in another’s arms

From ‘Til There Was You

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home