.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Ding-dong, the witch is dead

Does anyone remember that scene from "The Wizard of Oz" where the house has just landed on the wicked witch and the Munchkins come out and start singing joyfully,

Ding-dong the witch is dead
Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong the wicked witch is dead
Wake up you sleepyhead
Rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up the wicked witch is dead
She's gone where the goblins go
Below - below - below...

OK, I got a little carried away there. Anyhow, that's how I felt when, at the end of our dreaded house meeting tonight, my least favorite housemate announced that she's given notice and will be moving out at the end of this month! To be nice, I tried not to let it show on the outside that I was dancing a little jig on the inside (but, believe me, I was dancing and singing "Hallelujah!" on the inside). Now, some of you may think, after reading this, that I am a mean person. I assure you, I am not. There were simply irreconcilable differences between the two of us. This just wasn't a good match. (To say the least.) So, praise the Lord, I am now in an unusually good mood. Wait, it didn't used to be unusual for me to be in a good mood. Sad but true, my good moods have been few & far between for the duration of the present housemate situation. Well, baby, things are gonna change! I can hardly wait for June!...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home