.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Thursday, September 08, 2005

Lost in the past

It's 1996 on KFOG's "10@10" and I'm lost in the past again. Gin Blossoms "Follow you Down," The Wonders "That Thing You Do," Jars of Clay "Flood," Alanis Morrisette "Ironic," Wallflowers "Three Marlenas"...
I remember it all so well. There was still a swing scene back then. I remember who I was hanging out with. I remember listening to these very songs on the radio, driving with friends to go dancing in SJ or SF. Has it been 9 years already since then?! Doesn't seem possible. And yet it is.

And here I am back in the present, but wishing for the past. Today wasn't a very good day. Got some (more) bad news. Haven't I had enough bad news for one year?! And this is exactly why I wasn't going to post tonight, yet here I am. Yes, things could be far, far worse. I have lost neither home nor family nor friends in the Katrina hurricane tragedy. So I should stop whining, right? Right. And so I shall.

2 Comments:

At 9/09/2005 4:52 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

ah 1996-- i was prolly hanging out with Poulet that year in SF. Thems were the days... catching a show at the Kabuki, expiramenting with hangovers, walking up the hills.

 
At 9/10/2005 11:48 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

To paraphrase Daniel Glass, "Ah yes, those heady days of the mid-'90s."

(extra points if you know who Daniel Glass is)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home