.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Monday, August 22, 2005

But I'm not bitter

Wake-Up Call

To sink into you
and sleep for a long time.
To lie against you,
breathing,
sleeping,
lost,
free,
where I wanted to be.
Nowhere.
With you.

But you woke up first
and left while my eyes were still closed,
And I woke up alone.

Now I'm wide awake.
And I realize that there's more to see
when I have my eyes open.

I'm wide awake.
The sun's up and it's in my eyes.
I won't close them again
without seeing.
And you want me to sleep with you again.
I realize that that's all I was doing with you.
Sleeping.
I'm not tired anymore.
Not anymore.
I'm on a caffeine high
that might just last for the rest of my life.

-from "How to Heal the Hurt by Hating"
(a scathingly funny book) by Anita Liberty
reprinted without permission

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home