.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

The world is on fire (click here)

Hearts are worn in these dark ages
You're not alone in this story's pages
The light has fallen amongst the living and the dying
And I'll try to hold it in, yeah I'll try to hold it in

[Chorus]
The world's on fire and
It's more than I can handle
I'll tap into the water
(Try and bring my share)
I try to bring more
More than I can handle
(Bring it to the table)
Bring what I am able

I watch the heavens but I find no calling
Something I can do to change what's coming
Stay close to me while the sky is falling
Don't wanna be left alone, don't wanna be alone

[Chorus]

Hearts break, hearts mend
Love still hurts
Visions clash, planes crash
Still there's talk of
Saving souls, still the cold
Is closing in on us

We part the veil on Archille's Sun
Stray from the straight line on this short run
The more we take, the less we become
A fortune of one that means less for some

[Chorus X2]

- "World On Fire" by Sarah McLachlan

7 Comments:

At 10/01/2005 8:15 PM, Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

check in:

have a happy sunday (tomorrow).

have a wonderful week.

mike =)
><>

 
At 10/01/2005 11:47 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Thanks Mike, you too, and the rest of my readers as well.

 
At 10/03/2005 6:55 PM, Blogger Carmen said...

oooh! I thought I already commented on this. Darned hiptop connections (granted we were going through the Klamath area when I looked at your blog last).

anything that makes me think of sarah maclachlan's voice is a nice thing. :)

missing you

 
At 10/03/2005 9:00 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Did you click on the link? You can actually HEAR Sarah McLachlan's beautiful voice and even SEE her pretty face. Check it out!

(I miss you too!)

 
At 10/15/2005 7:50 PM, Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

It is so hard for me to trust god when i feel empty and am in pain. Thank the Master that though i have it tough at times it is no where near Job. I certainly feel i would fail if ever asked to state, "though He slay me, yet will I trust Him" - but i'm trying to get to that level of trust.

In Him,

bro mike

><>

 
At 10/16/2005 11:05 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Mike,
Wow, this is so exactly how I've been feeling. It's been difficult to even pray lately. Job has often come to mind. I have a _long_ way to go. In fact, it seems impossible to me that I'd ever reach that level of trust, but it's something to strive for, I suppose.

As always, thank you for your words of understanding and encouragement. What a blessing you are.

 
At 10/18/2005 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was beautiful-made me teary; thx for sharing... :) love you! -A

 

Post a Comment

<< Home