.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Perhaps I was wrong.

My phone rang ~12:30 today. The voice on the other end started in, rather abruptly, with, "I thought you said you go to the 11am."
It was obvious who it was--the individual formerly known as "mystery man." I replied, "I said that I _sometimes_ go to the 11am. I woke up with a sore throat this morning, so I stayed home." He actually seemed a bit disappointed that I hadn't been at the morning gathering. Perhaps I had read him incorrectly. Maybe I wasn't "crossed off the list" after all. Who knows? I still think he has a bit of growing up to do, though. It's not about age, it's about maturity. Anyway, we talked for a few minutes more and then he closed with, "Will I see you next Sunday?" which I took to mean that he'd like to. Meanwhile, Camille tells me that the CL men we met last Sunday are in town again today. Funny that _she_ was contacted, though, and not I. C'est la vie. "Plenty of fish..." they say.

3 Comments:

At 7/03/2006 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got Buff?
If you need a 'buffer,' lemme know. ;) I'm there for you, babe.

 
At 7/16/2006 9:12 PM, Blogger mikeofearthsea said...

ok- ok- I was there once.

Even though it would have been nice to hear: "hey sleepyhead - wanna check out (local coffee shop)? / (nice hiking hill)? / etc. [I'm kinda trying to get into the swing of Camille's mad-libs], let's not be hasty or throw the baby out with the bath water.

If you knew the geek I was (I am still a great geek! =) when Stef met me, you would see how cool it is for a guy to let a girl who cares "straighten" you up. So hand in there and - as you know - Proverbs 4:23...

-just a cheerleader for you guys...

mike

 
At 7/17/2006 1:19 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Mike,
Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. Your timing couldn't have been better.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home