.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Monday, July 31, 2006

Waiting to exhale

So I was sitting here, reading an old post about my last love, when my phone rang. I was somewhat startled because it was after 11:00 pm. I grabbed the phone, thinking it might be my brother, to whom I'd just sent an email. He had spent Saturday afternoon with the aforementioned "ex" and I was anxious to hear about it. Having not spoken to the "ex" in nearly a year, I am curious to hear what my brother has to report. Well, fortunately, I looked at the caller I.D. before answering the phone and was shocked to see the name of the aforementioned "ex" on the display screen. For a split second I considered answering the call, but sanity took over and I put the phone down, and, practically holding my breath, I waited... waited for it to stop ringing... waited for the message indicator to tell me he'd left a voice mail message. And then... nothing. He hadn't left a message. I was half relieved, half disappointed. And then I came to my senses, breathed deeply and thanked the Lord for letting me off the hook once more. The last thing I need is to hear his voice again. I've still not gotten him completely out of my system, despite serious efforts to do so. And so I continue to try.

On a lighter note, I got an email today from "Fred Astaire," the dancer I met last December. Perhaps he'll sweep me off my feet and flush the "ex" from my system once and for all. Yes, that would be nice.

And with that, I bid you buona notte.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home