.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Friday, August 04, 2006

Quote of the day - pancakes vs. waffles

My friend, Syl, makes the best damn pancakes I've _ever_ tasted. They're so good that I don't even put syrup on them. (Yes, they're _that_ good!) However, I must say that your average waffle is generally better than your average pancake. That said, here's today's "Quote of the Day."

"I like waffles better than pancakes. Because waffles are like pancakes with syrup traps. They say to syrup, 'You ain't going anywhere, don't even be trying to creep down the sides. Just rest in these squares, if one square is full, move on. When you hit butter, split up'" - Mitch Hedberg

2 Comments:

At 8/06/2006 1:59 AM, Blogger Shannon Marie said...

Pancakes vs. Waffles.

I do have a friend everyone calls Waffles, but my friend Daniel's mom makes "pancakes" that are amaaaaazing. She is Swedish, so they are technically crepes/Swedish pancakes, but his family calls them pancakes. I've been eating them for breakfast about twice a week for the last month and I have to say I'm a Swedish pancake convert. Don't tell my family though; they are diehard [American] pancake-loving Midwesterners.

 
At 8/06/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Shannon Marie,
I'm delighted to meet another Swedish Pancake fan. YUM! My mother makes oh-so-delicious Swedish Pancakes. Hmm, perhaps it's time for a visit...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home