.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Timely Manor

Welcome to my virtual salon. Please, come in and do stay awhile.

The Contessa's dream:

...And someday, I shall have a grand mansion where we all can meet, and I will call it "Timely Manor."

Timely: occurring at a suitable or opportune time; well-timed

Manor: the main house on an estate; a mansion

Saturday, August 05, 2006

The score

Three calls from the "ex" (no voice mail messages yet).

Two email messages from "Fred Astaire."

I'm counting on "Fred" to come up from behind and win by far more than a nose.

2 Comments:

At 8/05/2006 7:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred, eh? I feel the electricity in the air. Maybe Fred would like to come to VFC. I have a good feeling 'bout that. :)

 
At 8/18/2006 9:28 AM, Blogger The Contessa said...

Update:
The X called again (still no msg).
Meanwhile, "Fred Astaire" has invited me to go dancing tomorrow night. I must admit to being a wee bit nervous, simply because he's a professional dancer, while I am merely an amateur. Nonetheless, it will be fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home